Friday, March 11, 2016

Lets talk all natural bug spray

Summer is fast approaching.  What does that mean.   Mosquitoes

And unfortunately now this threat of mosquitoes brings another threat of a new virus that they carry.

I am a momma who does not like the commercial mosquito sprays.  To many harsh chemicals. So I use my oils to make my own spray


I made this spray last summer and it worked great!!!

I used a 16 oz Amber glass spray bottle

40 drops of TerraShield
15 drops Lemongrass
15 drops Cedarwood
10 drops Peppermint

I found that using Fractionated Coconut Oil and Witch Hazel helped the spray last longer.

I did a half and half combo of these 2 and shake the bottle well before each use.  You can also use water and witch hazel or whatever carrier oil you prefer.  All of these oils have a bug repellent property to them.  I have read that you can actually diffuse the Terrashield as well to ward off the bugs.  I have not tried this since I have 3 kids.  They do not hold still long enough to be around a diffuser outside ;)   

You can purchase these oils here







   

No comments:

Post a Comment