Thursday, March 10, 2016

Essure Hell

I wanted to take some time to post about a little medical device called Essure.   Now if you do not know what this is here is some information on it:

Essure® is the only permanent birth control you can get with a non-surgical procedure. It can help you stop worrying about an unplanned pregnancy.

NON-SURGICAL PROCEDURE

The Essure procedure is usually completed in about 10 minutes and can be performed right in your doctor’s office.

QUICK RECOVERY

Most women go home 45 minutes after the procedure and return to normal activities within a day or two.

NON-HORMONAL

Essure inserts do not contain or release any hormones.

PROVEN

Essure is over 99% effective at permanently preventing pregnancy.*

FDA-APPROVED

Essure has been available for over 10 years.


Now I had this little device placed in 2013.  Right after having Colton.  This was the worst decision I made and cost me a hysterectomy this past October.  I am one out of thousands of woman who have had major side effects from this device.  And Now the FDA has issued that Bayer place a black box warning on the device.  htis is the worst type of warning to e placed on a medical device.  But this is little to late for thousands of woman.

After the device all of this happened to me:
Cramping
Sharp/stabbing pain in pelvic area
Adnormal menses
Constant spotting
discharge
hot flashes
PMDD
uterine inflammation and infection
menorrhagia
mittelschmerz
night sweats
loss of libido
bleeding after sex
dyspareunia
metorrhagia
polymenorrhea
sexual dysfunction
yest infections
UTI
abdominal spasms
pain in my joints, chest, spine and hips
all over body aches in general
hand and arm tingling sensation and numbness of hands and feet
bloating
metallic taste in mouth
dizziness
brain fog
mood swings
black out spells
paresthesia
shakiness
unexplained rashes and itching of the skin
metal allergy to nickel
hair loss
multiple dental issues
insomnia
weight loss
muscle spasms 
excessive sweating

This is my list that I can 100% relate to starting after the placement of essure and once the device was removed alot have slowly went away.  the first one, and scariest for me, was the numbness and tingling in my hands arms and feet.  It had gotten so bad I was scared to hold Colton.   24 hours after surgery.....  I cold actually feel them and now I am to the point of no tingling or numbness at all.   

Now my body is still detoxing the nickel out and I am using some oils to help.  I take everything a day at a time as things get better little by little.   

The reason for this blog is to try and sway anyone thinking about Essure to not get it.  IT is not worth the risk of reactions to get it.  Consider an alternate form of birth control.  







No comments:

Post a Comment