Wednesday, April 20, 2016

DIY Oatmeal Bath Soak


Today I made these Lavender Oatmeal bath soaks as a door prize for a Girl Scout leadership appreciation.  Super easy to make and smells great!!!   You can customize these bath soaks with any oil you like!!  I like lavender because of its relaxing properties and if you happen to have dry, itchy skin the combination of the oatmeal and lavender are a great mix for this as well.    Below is the directions on how to make.




I use my blender when I am doing bigger batches of this.  I fill it almost to the top with oats.  Any will do.  Then I add about 1/2 a cup of baking soda.  The baking soda helps to detox your body.  It is also great for the skin.   I then pulse this until you get a fine powder.


Once I have a fine powder I add my oils and pulse some more to blend that in.  I add 20-30 drops of my favorite oil to the powder.  Once done you can add to some cute containers and use for gifts or set on your shelf in the bathroom.  Very inexpensive and easy to do.  I have done this many times and made a spa basket with this and DIY sugar scrubs and lip balms.  


Add a 1/2 cup to a cup to the tub and soak.  You will have to rinse the tub out following this soak.  The oatmeal will stick to the sides of the tub.  My kids love to take oatmeal bathes especially when they have dry skin.  

No comments:

Post a Comment